Monday, April 9, 2012

Paris!! Day 3 Musee d'Orsay

On Tuesday Camille dropped me off at Musee d'Orsay while she went to class.  Musee d'Orsay is a museum in Paris that is famous for it's collection of impressionist works.  I absolutely LOVED the museum!!!  It was my favorite one that I visited in Paris, I liked it even more than the Louvre! 


This is a picture of the museum that I took the night before from the Riverboat Cruise!
 


 My favorite statue outside the museum!




I provided a compilation of some of my favorite paintings that I saw, mainly for my own memory so I will be able to better recollect what amazing artwork I saw.  Photography was prohibited inside the museum, so all of these I have taken from the internet.


This is definitely one of my favorite of Monet's paintings.  I just love it so much, I even bought a little poster to fame of this one.  I just love how the people dissolve into the poppy fields, it's so beautiful!!  I just want to be there & lay amongst the flowers!!



I also really like this one.  What I really admire about Monet's paintings is that so often you just want to transport yourself in them.  How lovely would it be to have a picnic under these trees?



And of course the famous Water Lilies!






Paintings by Renoir




Renoir adored the pink tones in skin and often played them up in his artwork.



I love this painting by Renoir called "The Swing."  It makes you wonder if he will succeed
in wooing her.  Is she leaning away because she is uninterested, playing coy, just innocent and shy, or is she thinking of another man and wishing this one was him?



Renoir's famous collection of Bathers




Degas's Ballet Dancers





Manet



Berthe Morisot



Edward Manet



Vincent Van Gogh

These were my two favorite paintings that I saw by Van Gogh.  There is just something so sweet and wholesome about the laborers napping together in the hayfield.




The museum also had a lot of statues and tapestries, however the paintings were my favorite and I spent most of my time there.  Even though I spent 4.5 hours there, it still wasn't enough time!  I highly, highly, highly recommend the Musee d'Orsay to everyone who goes to Paris.  It's Fabulous!!!


Afterward the museum closed, I looked around the gift shop for a while and then I took the subway back near Notre Dame and walked around the street vendors' stands.  I found a beautiful oil painting of poppies that I absolutely adore!!  It's quite big and hand painted, so I bought it and I can't wait to get it framed and hang it up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment